Tuesday, June 8, 2010

POINT OF VIEW - HOPE

We felt like trying something a little different, but a little obvious. This order will expire in three months and be replaced with a different word.

For this order we want you to show us how you see things. Specifically, how you see the word hope. What comes to mind when you think of that word? What inspires you to have hope? You can capture this in a lot of different ways: a photograph, a drawing, a page in a book, a person, a song, etc.

For Proof: Take a picture of something that captures the spirit of 'hope'. Minimum of ONE (1) image.


I became a part of the To Write Love On Her Arms Street Team to support not just my daughter in her struggle but everyone like her. Before I found TWLOHA, I will admit I had almost lost hope. It had been a blur of hospital stays and treatment centers. We spent months, no, YEARS trying to find her the help she needed. Between running away from us and her problems, and her constant emotional instability; I feared one day she would succeed at ending her life. My daughter was in a downhill spiral and I didn't see any end to her battles with addiction, depression and self mutilation. But since I didn't give up, either did she. March 18th she entered rehab with the desire to safe herself and change her life.

This is my picture capturing the spirit of hope:


Taken June 6th

No comments:

Post a Comment